Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by si...@portosdobrasil.gov.br on 2009/06/12 21:36:17 UTC

Simple DownloadFile sample

Hello all,

Does anyone know a link to a simple sample for downloading files? I found
some but very confusing.

The code is welcome too.

Thanks

Siomara

Re: Simple DownloadFile sample

Posted by David kerber <dc...@verizon.net>.
siomara@portosdobrasil.gov.br wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Does anyone know a link to a simple sample for downloading files? I found
> some but very confusing.
>
> The code is welcome too.
>
> Thanks
>
> Siomara

Do you mean having your tomcat server d/l files from another server, or
somebody downloading from your tomcat server?  I have code for the
former, but not the latter.

Re: Simple DownloadFile sample

Posted by Bap <ba...@a1.org.uk>.
1)
ftp <hostname>
enter username/password
chdir <directory>
get <filename>

2)
scp <username>@<hostname>:<path-to-file> .
enter password

3)
wget <url-to-file>

101)

Quoting siomara@portosdobrasil.gov.br:

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
siomara@portosdobrasil.gov.br wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Does anyone know a link to a simple sample for downloading files? I found
> some but very confusing.
>
> The code is welcome too.

I suppose you mean with a Tomcat involved somewhere ?

If yes, here is a simple example, without any code at all :

- find the webapps/ROOT directory of your Tomcat
- put a file there, for example some zip or MSWord file.
Let's say it is called "test.doc"
- In your browser, enter the following URL
http://yourserver:8080/test.doc

If that is not what you mean, can you provide some additional
explanation about what you are trying to achieve ?

While you are at it, it may be a good idea to add the Tomcat version, on
which machine, which OS, that kind of thing..