Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Venkat Dokiparthi <ve...@Remedy.COM> on 2003/09/26 21:17:36 UTC

how to maintain session between multiple tests

Hi,

I am new to Cactus, if this question is asked before, please forgive.

Our application has login.jsp, LoginServlet and a FormActionServlet.  We
bring up login.jsp, enter username/password and call goes to LoginServlet.
This establishes the session using cookies.  When future requests are made
to FormActionServlet, it verifies if the session is valid or not.

I am having trouble to implement a Cactus test for FormActionServlet.  I
have written the testFromActionServlet method.  How do I establish a session
first by making a call to LoginServlet?  I tried to write another method
called testLoginServlet to establish the session first.  But the session
used for testLoginServlet seems to be different from the session used for
testFormActionServlet.  How can I make the session created in LoginServlet
also to be used by FormActionServlet.  I tried writing begin() method,
establishing a session to LoginServlet.  But looks like Cactus creates a new
session for every test.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Venkat