Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Kailash Sethy <ka...@dot.state.mn.us> on 2005/06/03 23:32:17 UTC

handling -ve currency in $number.format('currency',$myNumber) in velocity templates

 Hi ,
 If I use the  $number.format('currency',$myNumber) for a -ve number,
 the output becomes ($number)

 $myNumber                                                 -> -13.55
 $number.format('currency',$myNumber)    ->  ( $13.55)

 How to show with -ve sign  without parenthesis bracket after
formatting?
Regards
Kailash

Regards,
Kailash Ch. Sethy
Tata Consultancy Services

Re: handling -ve currency in $number.format('currency',$myNumber) in velocity templates

Posted by Shinobu Kawai <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kailash,

>  If I use the  $number.format('currency',$myNumber) for a -ve number,
>  the output becomes ($number)
>
>  $myNumber                                                 -> -13.55
>  $number.format('currency',$myNumber)    ->  ( $13.55)
>
>  How to show with -ve sign  without parenthesis bracket after
> formatting?

I'm not sure what a "-ve sign" is, but you can give NumberTool a
custom format like this:
  $number.format('$0.00',$myNumber)

Best regards,
-- Shinobu