Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by David Welton <da...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/09 11:40:10 UTC

Re: Accessing Apache core configuration

>> I realized the CacheSize parameter
>> is either defined in the configuration or set as '10', whereas the doc
>> page says
>> "Sets the size of the internal page cache, where size is the number of
>> byte-compiled pages to be cached for future use. Default is
>> MaxRequestsPerChild / 5, or 50, if MaxRequestsPerChild is 0."
>>
>> I thought fixing it could be as simple
>> as calling a core function that returns
>> the MaxRequestsPerChild parameter's value,
>> but I haven't found a core function that returns core's parameters values.

Truth be told... I'm not sure if there is really a good fix.  The user
hasn't set the cache size, and the max requests per child isn't set
either, so we just pick a number.  Perhaps in this day and age a
bigger number might be better.

>> Being able to accessing apache's core configuration would help my work in
>> giving a solution to my task about charset specification handling. I've been
>> able to do it in a way I don't like and i this module's and server's default
>> charset definitions.

I don't have much recollection of how to accomplish that unfortunately:-(

--
David N. Welton

http://www.welton.it/davidw/

http://www.dedasys.com/

Re: Accessing Apache core configuration

Posted by Damon Courtney <da...@tclhome.com>.
     I'd go 50 if I had to throw out a number.  50 isn't going to hurt
anything, and it might help someone who just leaves the defaults in
place.

Posted by David Welton <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Massimo Manghi <ma...@unipr.it>.
On Wed, 9 Jul 2008 11:40:10 +0200, David Welton wrote

> Truth be told... I'm not sure if there is really a good fix.  The
> user hasn't set the cache size, and the max requests per child isn't
> set either, so we just pick a number.  Perhaps in this day and age a
> bigger number might be better.

Do you think a value of 50 would be enough?
For my needs 20/25 slots in the cache would suffice,
but I made only a few small Projects

-- Massimo