Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de> on 2002/05/01 00:04:41 UTC

Re: Why is FO(P) a superior model than what most proprietary tool s propose

Carter, Will wrote:
> I am in the process of working out an embedded (servlet) FOP solution for
> some financial reporting.  The generated pdfs are probably around 20 pages..
> does anyone have any info about memory requirements or problems I will run
> into with multiple concurrent users?

The memory requirements depend on the complexity of the
layout (tables spanning multiple pages are bad), how big
included graphics are (they are all held in memory), and,
often the worst of all, whether you are using forward
references, like the popular "page x of y" (which forces
all pages and dependent data to be held in memory until
rendering is finished).

I've been able to render 500 Page books without problems.

J.Pietschmann