Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Salgar, Mehmet" <Me...@t-mobile.de> on 2004/01/14 10:08:14 UTC

AW: .NET: We are just like Struts... only better.

Hello everybody,

I am following this discussion for very long time, it is really interesting.

I am developing both Java and MS stuff. Mainly I am a Java developer but I have few .NET projects also in the mean time.

I have to say that with Struts, JSP is a much attractive tool (with Velocity it is very very interesting tool :)) ) but I have to say that with ASP.NET and web control MS has a nodge over Java at the moment.

But I am sure when Java Server Faces will be ready, everything will be same again.

PS. If you need real numbers I can say that at this moment Web Controls give % 30 less development times over the controls like TreeView, Menu Controls, fully functional Rich Text Editor as Web Control.

And a question, do you know is there any library in Java producing the functionality of the View States.

Regards,

Mehmet Salgar

Posted by Matt Raible <li...@raibledesigns.com>.
The two Java libraries that I know of are JSP Tag Libraries  - here are
links to their demo sites:

http://displaytag.org

http://raibledesigns.com/struts-menu

Matt