Posted to dev@amaterasu.apache.org by Yaniv Rodenski <ya...@shinto.io> on 2018/05/15 02:58:45 UTC

License questions for RC3

Hi All,

As we are preparing for version 0.2.0-incubating-RC3, I've added the Apache
Rat plugin and started verifying we have correct licenses for everything.

Before we try to release the RC, I wanted to verify two points:

   1. I've had to add the following exclusions from the plugin:
   ["**/build/**", '**/.gradle/**', '**/gradle/**', '**/.idea/**',
   '**/.ruby-version/**', '**/repo/**', '**/resources/**', '**/*.iml/**']
   Is that a valid configuration?
   2. Looking at the built output, we currently have one dependency
   packaged which is the codegen python package which has a BSD license. Is
   that an issue? if so, an alternative approach would be to install it via
   pip during Amaterasu's setup stage, is that a valid solution?

Thanks in advance,
--
Yaniv Rodenski

+61 477 778 405
yaniv@shinto.io

Re: License questions for RC3

Posted by Yaniv Rodenski <ya...@shinto.io>.
Thanks Davor,

I'll update the license and prepare for releasing RC3

Cheers,
Yaniv

Posted by Davor Bonaci <da...@apache.org>.