Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Luis Cruz <Lu...@ist.utl.pt> on 2004/07/01 19:05:12 UTC

Bug in PersistentFieldIntrospectorImplNew

Hello,

When using PersistentFieldIntrospectorImplNew I get the following error:

Caused by: org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.MetadataException: Can't find
member 'myProperty' in somePackage.MyClass
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.fieldaccess.AbstractPersistentField.computeField(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.fieldaccess.AbstractPersistentField.getField(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.fieldaccess.PersistentFieldDirectAccessImpl.doSet(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.fieldaccess.AbstractPersistentField.set(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ReferencePrefetcher.associateBatched(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.BasePrefetcher.prefetchRelationship(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.QueryReferenceBroker.performRetrievalTasks(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.QueryReferenceBroker.getCollectionByQuery(Unknown Source)
        ... 64 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchFieldException: myProperty
        at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredField(Class.java:1413)
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.fieldaccess.AbstractPersistentField.getFieldRecursive(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.fieldaccess.AbstractPersistentField.getFieldRecursive(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.fieldaccess.AbstractPersistentField.getFieldRecursive(Unknown Source)
        ... 72 more

The actual property I use behind the getMyProperty and setMyProperty
methods is something other than myProperty. This new implementation seem
to be accessing that property directly... but if I wanted that I'd use
one of the other implementations. Also, this will not execute any
additional code that would be defined in the get and set methods.

Cheers,
Luis Cruz

Re: Bug in PersistentFieldIntrospectorImplNew

Posted by Luis Cruz <Lu...@ist.utl.pt>.
Hello,

Yes, you are correct. I had a problem in OJB.properties file.

Sorry for the bother.

Thanks,
Luis Cruz

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.