Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Sonnek, Ryan" <Ry...@bpc.com> on 2004/02/11 20:47:04 UTC

aspectwerkz plugin

Does anyone out there have info on the aspectwerkz plugin?  I see there's
documentation on it on the maven site
(http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/aspectwerkz/), and the mailing
list did not have any references to it.  I keep getting "goal does not exist
in this project", and I'm hoping I don't have to manually download the
source and install it myself, but if so, where can it be found?

I'd prefer to use aspectwerkz over aspectj since aspectwerkz uses Java
semantics, but if anyone has an opinion on which I should use, I'd love to
hear it.

I'm assuming that since this plugin is listed as a maven optional plugin,
that this is the correct place to ask about it, but if there's an aspectwekz
mailing list that is better suited, please let me know.  Thanks.

Ryan

RE: aspectwerkz plugin

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Ryan,

Yep. I'm the creator :-)

>  I see there's
> documentation on it on the maven site
> (http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/aspectwerkz/), and the
mailing
> list did not have any references to it.  I keep getting "goal does not
> exist
> in this project", and I'm hoping I don't have to manually download the
> source and install it myself, but if so, where can it be found?

What goal? You need to install the plugin first! It's not been released
yet so you need to build it from CVS:

- checkout maven-plugins
- cd to aspectwerkz/
- type "maven plugin:install"

> I'd prefer to use aspectwerkz over aspectj since aspectwerkz uses Java
> semantics, but if anyone has an opinion on which I should use, I'd
love to
> hear it.

Depends what you wish to do with the plugin. What's your use case?

> I'm assuming that since this plugin is listed as a maven optional
plugin,
> that this is the correct place to ask about it, but if there's an
> aspectwekz
> mailing list that is better suited, please let me know.  Thanks.

Here is fine. You can also ask on the aspectwerkz mailing list if you
wish. I'm following both.

Thanks
-Vincent