Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Andrew Lindesay <ap...@lindesay.co.nz> on 2014/10/02 09:49:21 UTC

Re: Soliciting Cayenne success stories

Hello;

Unfortunately I am not able to use Cayenne in my main work at the
moment, but I have been slowly working on a hobby project [2] for a year
or so that uses Cayenne.

It is an application-server to handle the community interactions
(comments, ratings, screenshots, icons etc...) around packages for an
open-source operating system called Haiku-OS [1].

It supplies a 'single-page' web interface using Angular-JS [3] as well a
set of JSON-RPC [4] web services to service a C/C++ GUI client (written
by somebody else) that is supplied with the operating system itself.

It is still under development, but it is an fairly interesting "success
story" (despite not being a commercial project) and as it is
open-source, it may be interesting for people to have a look at anyway.

[1] http://www.haiku-os.org/
[2] https://code.google.com/p/haiku-depot-web-app/
[3] https://angularjs.org/
[4] http://www.jsonrpc.org/

Regards;

--
Andrew Lindesay

Re: Soliciting Cayenne success stories

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Hi Andrew,

Pretty cool.

> It is still under development, but it is an fairly interesting "success story" (despite not being a commercial project) and as it is open-source, it may be interesting for people to have a look at anyway.

I guess no one in this community would say that an open source success story less valuable than a comparable commercial one :)

> a set of JSON-RPC [4] web services to service a C/C++ GUI client (written by somebody else) that is supplied with the operating system itself.

BTW if you ever need a more REST-ful protocol, check out link-rest built on top of Cayenne.

Andrus