Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Craig Noah <Cr...@sterling.com> on 2000/06/19 15:38:04 UTC

Re: Parsing from memory

You might try providing the absolute path to the DTD in the DOCTYPE tag.  When
I tried this, I got the error of "invalid base" to the DTD (something along
that line).  I gave up with this and now write the DOM tree to a file and
re-activate the parser on the file.  It's ugly, but it works.

Craig

Murray.Cumming@GDM.DE wrote:

> I'm trying to use MemBufInputSource with DOMParser to parse from memory
> instead of from disk, but the resultant DOM_Document doesn't have any child
> nodes.
>
> My code already works fine when parsing from disk so I know that it's not a
> problem with the XML file. Maybe the  DOMParser can not find the DTD, which
> is in the same directory as the XML file. The MemParse example has an
> inline DTD so it would not have this problem. By the way, I've tried this
> in validating and non-validating mode.
>
> Has anybody had any success with this?
>
> Murray Cumming
> murrayc@usa.net
> www.murrayc.com

Craig Noah                  INTERNET: Craig.Noah@sterling.com
Software Engineer

Computer Associates
1404 Fort Crook Road South     Phone:    (402) 291-8300 x 284
Bellevue,  NE   68005-2969     FAX:      (402) 291-4362