Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu> on 2003/04/02 03:33:22 UTC

Xdoc Schema

Is there an existing xdoc schema? I have written one that covers the
basic structure with "container style" definitions for section,
subsection, p, and source tags. This lets any xml content be nested
within them.

If one currently doesn't exist, I'd be glad to donate it.

Makes it easier to write up xdocuments in your basic XML/HTML editor.

-Mark Diggory

Re: Xdoc Schema

Posted by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu>.
Its important to note that this particular example doesn't restrict the
contents of sections, p , or subsections to only xhtml. Note that
through the use of namespaces, one could restrict the contents
specifically to the xhtml namespace by restricting the namespaces
allowed in the "xs:any" containers to only the xhtml namespace, but that
would require isolating the xdoc and html tags into separate
namespaces/prefixes into a format that looks more like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xdoc:document xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
xmlns:xdoc="http://maven.apache.org/2003/xdoc"  ...schema locations ...>
    <xdoc:properties>
        <xdoc:title>Dependencies</xdoc:title>
    </xdoc:properties>
    <xdoc:body>
        <xdoc:section name="Dependencies">
        The following is a list of dependencies for this project.  These
        dependencies are required to compile and run the application:
                    <th>ID</th>
                    <th>Version</th>
                    <th>JAR</th>
        </xdoc:section>
    </xdoc:body>
</xdoc:document>

It would be interesting to test if the xdoc plug-in could process
multiple namespaces in xdocs like this.

-Mark

With w3c schema you cdion@multitask.com.au wrote:

>Donate away!
>
>My hassle has always been integrating the dang HTML elements.
>--
>dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
>Blog:      http://www.freeroller.net/page/dion/Weblog
>Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au
>

>"Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu> wrote on 02/04/2003
>11:33:22 AM:
>

>>Is there an existing xdoc schema? I have written one that covers the
>>basic structure with "container style" definitions for section,
>>subsection, p, and source tags. This lets any xml content be nested
>>within them.
>>
>>If one currently doesn't exist, I'd be glad to donate it.
>>
>>Makes it easier to write up xdocuments in your basic XML/HTML editor.
>>
>>-Mark Diggory

Re: Xdoc Schema

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.