Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Da...@gro-scotland.gsi.gov.uk on 2013/03/25 19:07:19 UTC

How to reverse the Y-axis on PDPage object

Hi,

I have a quick question about the Y-axis of the PDPage object, and why
it starts at the bottom of the page, rather than the top?  We have an
application coded using AquaPDF that plots the Y-axis coordinates from
top to bottom - however I've noticed PDFBox plots the Y-axis from bottom
to top.  Is there any way to reverse this? Or somehow flip the page?
I've tried the "setRotation" method on the page object, but this had no
effect.

Any help is much appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

David

David Petrie
Registration Systems Project Team | National Records of Scotland |
South Search Room, New Register House, West Register Street, Edinburgh,
EH1 3YT |
Telephone: (0131 3144) 587

This e-mail (and any files or other attachments transmitted with it) is intended solely for the attention of the addressee(s). Unauthorised use, disclosure, storage, copying or distribution of any part of this e-mail is not permitted. If you are not the intended recipient please destroy the email, remove any copies from your system and inform the sender immediately by return.

Communications with the Scottish Government may be monitored or recorded in order to secure the effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes. The views or opinions contained within this e-mail may not necessarily reflect those of the Scottish Government.

Tha am post-d seo (agus faidhle neo ceanglan  còmhla ris) dhan neach neo luchd-ainmichte a-mhàin. Chan eil e ceadaichte a chleachdadh ann an dòigh sam bith, a’ toirt a-steach còraichean, foillseachadh neo sgaoileadh,  gun chead. Ma ’s e is gun d’fhuair sibh seo le gun fhiosd’, bu choir cur às dhan phost-d agus lethbhreac sam bith air an t-siostam agaibh, leig fios chun  neach a sgaoil am post-d  gun dàil.

Dh’fhaodadh gum bi teachdaireachd sam bith bho Riaghaltas na h-Alba air a chlàradh neo air a sgrùdadh airson dearbhadh gu bheil an siostam ag obair gu h-èifeachdach neo airson adhbhar laghail eile. Dh’fhaodadh nach  eil beachdan anns a’ phost-d seo co-ionann ri beachdan Riaghaltas na h-Alba.

Re: How to reverse the Y-axis on PDPage object

Posted by Thomas Chojecki <in...@rayman2200.de>.
Zitat von David.Petrie@gro-scotland.gsi.gov.uk:

> I have a quick question about the Y-axis of the PDPage object, and why
> it starts at the bottom of the page, rather than the top?  We have an
> application coded using AquaPDF that plots the Y-axis coordinates from
> top to bottom - however I've noticed PDFBox plots the Y-axis from bottom
> to top.  Is there any way to reverse this? Or somehow flip the page?
> I've tried the "setRotation" method on the page object, but this had no
> effect.
>
> Any help is much appreciated,

The pdf specification is based on postscript which use this unusual
coordinate system. You can use the mediabox of the page to calculate
your y coordinate. Try pdPage.findMediaBox().getUpperRightY() - y to
get the right position. If it isn't the getUpperRightY() you can try
it with getLowerLeftY() didn't know exactly which one it is.

> Thanks in advance,
>
> David

Best regards
Thomas