Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Mark Leicester <ma...@metering.co.nz> on 2003/08/05 14:35:29 UTC

Unit testing Cocoon (was: An approach to unit testing in Cocoon / MIDIGenerator)

Thank you for pointing me to your Cocoon unit testing framework[1] Stephan!
I got a unit test for my MIDIGenerator going very quickly, and it *is* very
easy to use. I was able to configure the .xtest file without too much
trouble. Your testing framework is just what I wanted, and I'd like to help
it gain maximum use and visibility.

A few questions:

1. Do you intend to JAR up the testing classes (environment, mocks etc., but
not the actual TestCases) in a way that they can be easily referenced from
other non-core Cocoon projects?

2. How many people apart from yourself are actively working on your Cocoon
test cases?

3. If I start on a documentation effort for what is there already, will I be
overlapping with anyone else's work? If not, I will prepare some wiki docs
outlining which TestCases have been written, and how they work.

Mark

[1] Found in the /src/test/

Re: Unit testing Cocoon (was: An approach to unit testing in Cocoon / MIDIGenerator)

Posted by Stephan Michels <st...@apache.org>.

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003, Mark Leicester wrote:

> Thank you for pointing me to your Cocoon unit testing framework[1] Stephan!
> I got a unit test for my MIDIGenerator going very quickly, and it *is* very
> easy to use. I was able to configure the .xtest file without too much
> trouble. Your testing framework is just what I wanted, and I'd like to help
> it gain maximum use and visibility.

Thank you, the orginal idea come from
http://strutstestcase.sourceforge.net/ .

> A few questions:
>
> 1. Do you intend to JAR up the testing classes (environment, mocks etc., but
> not the actual TestCases) in a way that they can be easily referenced from
> other non-core Cocoon projects?

Yes, can we do. Currently, there will be a jar created for all
core test classes, since they must be reachable by the
blocks.

> 2. How many people apart from yourself are actively working on your Cocoon
> test cases?

;-) Next question!

> 3. If I start on a documentation effort for what is there already, will I be
> overlapping with anyone else's work? If not, I will prepare some wiki docs
> outlining which TestCases have been written, and how they work.

Many thanks, these docs will be very helpful.

Stephan.