Posted to repository@apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@apache.org> on 2006/05/29 13:03:48 UTC

NOTICE file in releases of Maven produced artifacts.

Hi,

In Cocoon we touched on the subject of how to deal with the NOTICE file and
references to licensing.
We recently made a move to Maven2 and was just asked "Doesn't Maven handle
this automatically?", so that is essentially the question to Brett...

Now, more generalized
 Does released artifacts that are placed on the Apache repository have to
contain the NOTICE file, and if so where is it supposed to be placed?
My personal guess is in the Jar root, but potentially it should be treated as
an additional artifact, similar to the POM, which Maven downloads together
with the primary artifact.

Any toughts are welcome.

Cheers
Niclas

Re: NOTICE file in releases of Maven produced artifacts.

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
Yep, but it's nice to have the info in the pom to make reports, eg
show license info in the project info dependencies report

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.