Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Steve Mitchell <mi...@intertrust.com> on 2018/05/29 15:11:58 UTC

Use ResourceSpec in Flink 1.5

I want to add an extended resource via a ResourceSpec to a DataSet operation.  There is an envisioned usage example in issue FLINK-7878 using the setResource method of SingleOutputStreamOperator (flatMap output).  However, in Flink 1.5 the setResources method appears instead on the StreamTransformation class.

How can I require extended resources on a DataSet operation in Flink 1.5?  How do I configure my TaskManager to offer extended resources?

I'm new to Flink.  For my application extended resources seem like a big advantage over Spark.

Thanks,
  --Steve