Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Mark Papiani <mp...@hotmail.com> on 2001/05/22 11:12:20 UTC

What is the ManagerServlet?

Hi,

What is the ManagerServlet used fo in slide?

It appears from the docs that you connect to the WedavServlet.

Do you ever interact with the ManagerServlet directly, or is used
internally, e.g. by the WedavServlet?

Thanks
Mark

Re: What is the ManagerServlet?

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
> Hi,
>
> What is the ManagerServlet used fo in slide?
>
> It appears from the docs that you connect to the WedavServlet.
>
> Do you ever interact with the ManagerServlet directly, or is used
> internally, e.g. by the WedavServlet?

It is supposed to be used internally.
I don't know if we should continue using it at all; I'd rather go with
WebDAV (I've already started implementing WebDAV Access Control Protocol to
manipulate the ACLs), with also one or two Slide specific live properties
for role manipulation.

OTOH, the manager servlet could be rewritten as a nice Webapp (using Struts
?) which would be used to browse a Slide namespace.

Remy