Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by yc...@ycmail.york.cuny.edu on 2002/07/10 22:48:49 UTC

How to include mod_so in Apache?

Hi,

I just installed apache 1.3.26 and it works. However, in order to install
PHP using Quick Install method, I must have mod_so enabled in my apache
httpd. I tried with:
./configure --prefix=/path/to/apache --enable-module=mod_so
but I got the following error message and the configuration stopped:
configure:Error: No such module named 'mod_so'

Does anybody know how I could do this?

Thank you in advance for the help.

--Wenying

Re: How to include mod_so in Apache?

Posted by Chan Kwok Leung <kw...@morgentech.com>.
Should it be --enable-module=so ?!

ycapache@ycmail.york.cuny.edu wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I just installed apache 1.3.26 and it works. However, in order to install
>PHP using Quick Install method, I must have mod_so enabled in my apache
>httpd. I tried with:
>./configure --prefix=/path/to/apache --enable-module=mod_so
>but I got the following error message and the configuration stopped:
>configure:Error: No such module named 'mod_so'
>
>Does anybody know how I could do this?
>
>Thank you in advance for the help.
>
>--Wenying

Chan Kwok Leung
		Morgen Technology Company Ltd.
	Address: 11/F., Block G, East Sun Industrial Center,
		  16 Shing Yip Street, Kwun Tong,
		  Kowloon, Hong Kong
	Email	: kwokleung-chan@morgentech.com
	Tel	: (852) 2329 2697
	Fax	: (852) 2951 0074

Re: How to include mod_so in Apache?

Posted by yc...@ycmail.york.cuny.edu.
Hi Lee,

Thank you very much for your reply. It is "so". I just tried it with
"--enable-module=so", after installation and start httpd, when I run
command "httpd -l" I got "mod_so.c" in the compiled-in module list.

Thanks for your time and help.
--Wenying

Posted by Lee Fellows <lf...@4lane.com>.