Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tomcat User <to...@secristfamily.com> on 2003/05/20 23:36:40 UTC

SSL - Coyote Connector

I have an odd tomcat & jboss question I can't seem to find the answer to
anywhere.  I am attempting to define an SSL connector inside of tomcat
using the Coyote Connector, where tomcat is integrated with jboss.  If I
use the old deprecated HttpConnector using the config below, everything
works fine.  However if I use the CoyoteConnector instead, SSL stops
working.

I know this works with standalone tomcat - the only difference I can see
is the jboss stuff.  Anyone have any experience with this?

FYI -
    Jboss 3.2.1 with Tomcat 4.24
    The following snippet is from
\jboss-3.2.1_tomcat-4.1.24\server\default\deploy\jbossweb-tomcat.sar\META-INF\jboss-service.xml

  <!-- JAAS Security Domain (SSL Keystore Defs) -->
  <mbean
    code="org.jboss.security.plugins.JaasSecurityDomain"
    name="jboss.security:service=JaasSecurityDomain,domain=RMI+SSL">
    <constructor>
      <arg type="java.lang.String" value="RMI+SSL"/>
    </constructor>
    <attribute name="KeyStoreURL">ssl/ssl.keystore</attribute>
    <attribute name="KeyStorePass">somepassword</attribute>
  </mbean>

(Later on in jboss-service.xml - i define the http connectors...)

            <!-- A HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 80 -->
               enableLookups="true" redirectPort="443" acceptCount="10"
debug="0"
               connectionTimeout="20000" useURIValidationHack="false"
compression="on" />

            <!-- Define a SSL Coyote HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 443 -->
            <Connector
className="org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpConnector"
               port="443"
               scheme="https"
               secure="true"
               minProcessors="5"
               maxProcessors="75"
               enableLookups="true"
               acceptCount="10"
               debug="0"
               useURIValidationHack="false"
               compression="on">
               <Factory

className="org.jboss.web.catalina.security.SSLServerSocketFactory"
                 securityDomainName="java:/jaas/RMI+SSL"
                 clientAuth="false"
                 protocol="TLS"/>
            </Connector>