Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Amit Sela <am...@infolinks.com> on 2013/02/28 19:51:06 UTC

Fetching of URLs from seed list ends up with only a small portion of them indexed by Solr

Hi everyone,

I'm running with nutch 1.6 and Solr 3.6.2.
I'm trying to crawl only the seed list (depth 1) and it seems that the
process ends with only ~255 of the URLs indexed in Solr.

Seed list is about 120K.
Fetcher map input is 117K where success is 62K and temp_moved 45K.
Parse shows success of 62K.
CrawlDB after the fetch shows db_redir_perm=56K, db_unfetched=27K
and db_fetched=22K.

And finally IndexerStatus shows 20K documents added.
What am I missing ?

Thanks!

my nutch-site.xml includes:
<name>plugin.includes</name>
<value>protocol-httpclient|urlfilter-regex|parse-(text|html|tika|metatags|js)|index-(basic|anchor|metadata)|query-(basic|site|url)|response-(json|xml)|summary-basic|scoring-opic|urlnormalizer-(pass|regex|basic)i</value>
<name>metatags.names</name>
<value>keywords;Keywords;description;Description</value>
<name>index.parse.md</name>
<value>metatag.keywords,metatag.Keywords,metatag.description,metatag.Description</value>
<name>db.update.additions.allowed</name>
<value>false</value>
<name>generate.count.mode</name>
<value>domain</value>
<name>partition.url.mode</name>
<value>byDomain</value>
<name>file.content.limit</name>
<value>262144</value>
<name>http.content.limit</name>
<value>262144</value>
<name>parse.filter.urls</name>
<value>true</value>
<name>parse.normalize.urls</name>
<value>true</value>

Re: Fetching of URLs from seed list ends up with only a small portion of them indexed by Solr

Posted by Amit Sela <am...@infolinks.com>.
I tried setting http.redirect.max=30 (since I saw there is a bug preventing
from setting -1 as all) but still not much difference, it did help a little
bit since now I get ~28K but still it's less then half...

Posted by Stefan Scheffler <ss...@avantgarde-labs.de>.
Hi Amit.

Posted by Amit Sela <am...@infolinks.com>.

Posted by kiran chitturi <ch...@gmail.com>.