Posted to fortress@directory.apache.org by Chris Pike <cl...@psu.edu> on 2015/09/16 16:31:42 UTC

Fortress API Can Assign Filtering

Given the following scenario... I have 1000's of roles in my system and an ARBAC role that has a narrow role range defined. I want to show a admin user in that ARBAC role what roles they can assign to a user.

Is there any current API calls that provide that capability? The review manager findRoles methods appears to return all roles in the system regardless of the current active admin roles.

Re: Fortress API Can Assign Filtering

Posted by Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org>.
> On Sep 16, 2015, at 10:31 AM, Chris Pike <cl...@psu.edu> wrote:
>
> Given the following scenario... I have 1000's of roles in my system and an ARBAC role that has a narrow role range defined. I want to show a admin user in that ARBAC role what roles they can assign to a user.
>
> Is there any current API calls that provide that capability? The review manager findRoles methods appears to return all roles in the system regardless of the current active admin roles.

The question is how do you get a result set of roles, e.g. when calling ReviewMgr.findRoles, that is filtered by the administrators currently assigned Admin roles?

Fortress does not filter based on the admin roles assigned to the caller, though I can agree this would be useful.

This requirement needs to be part of this JIRA issue:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FC-111

Shawn