Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by fatality <fa...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/16 20:29:07 UTC

Is it restricted by ignite to put elements into queue in closures

Hi

I have posted below question a while ago and still not received any response
yet. Could you please tell me what can be accessed or can not be from
closures that we send with remotelisteners.

http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/Closures-stuck-in-2-0-when-try-to-add-an-element-into-the-queue-td12587.html#a12609

Re: Is it restricted by ignite to put elements into queue in closures

Posted by afedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
Well, actually the question was answered on stackoverflow
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/43891757/closures-stuck-in-2-0-when-try-to-add-an-element-into-the-queue>
with the following:

It's not allowed to invoke ignite.queue and ignite.affinity methods in
EventListener, because it may lead to deadlock.

All cache operations, including EventListeners are executed in system pool,
so it's not recommended to invoke inside EventListener operations, that
uses system pool too.

You could read more here at "Closures Execution and Thread Pools":
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/async-support#section-listeners-and-chaining-futures

And here
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/thread-pools#section-system-pool

Kind regards,