Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Nick de Graeve <ni...@telenet.be> on 2006/03/23 09:22:11 UTC

Log4j can't find config unless in current dir

We have an JARed application that uses log4j. The directory structure looks like
this:

./nokeosclient.jar
./conf/log4j.properties

In the manifest we have:

Class-Path: . conf

When we start the application we get:

(com.fpc.nokeos.core.client.launch.Launcher).

If we put log4j.properties in . everything works ok.

How can I make it work with the properties in the conf/ dir? I tried adding
conf/log4j.properties explicitely in the Manifest's classpath but it didn't work
either.

Nick.

Re: Log4j can't find config unless in current dir

Posted by James Stauffer <st...@gmail.com>.
You can set system properties that specify the location of the config
file (if that works in your situation).

On 3/23/06, Nick de Graeve <ni...@telenet.be> wrote:
> We have an JARed application that uses log4j. The directory structure looks like
> this:
>
> ./nokeosclient.jar
> ./conf/log4j.properties
>
> In the manifest we have:
>
> Class-Path: . conf
>
> When we start the application we get:

> (com.fpc.nokeos.core.client.launch.Launcher).
>
> If we put log4j.properties in . everything works ok.
>
> How can I make it work with the properties in the conf/ dir? I tried adding
> conf/log4j.properties explicitely in the Manifest's classpath but it didn't work
> either.
>
> Nick.

James Stauffer