Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Patrick LeBoutillier <pa...@gmail.com> on 2005/01/16 16:46:26 UTC

[mp2] PerlPostConfigRequire requires absolute path?

Hi all,

I'm loading a .pm file using PerlPostConfigRequire (1.99_19) and I
can't get it to load without specifying an absolute path. Even if my
module is installed someplace under @INC,

  PerlPostConfigRequire   Apache/Whatever.pm

or even

  PerlPostConfigRequire   Carp.pm

doesn't work. But

  PerlRequire                   Carp.pm

works fine.

Is this normal behaviour?
I couldn't find much documentation specific to PerlPostConfigRequire.

Thanks,

Patrick

--
=====================
Patrick LeBoutllier

Re: [mp2] PerlPostConfigRequire requires absolute path?

Posted by Patrick LeBoutillier <pa...@gmail.com>.
> It's a fairly new feature. If you find the documentation lacking, please
> do submit a documentation
> patch ;-) (Or did you have a specific question about
> PerlPostConfigRequire ?)

What I meant was that I didn't find anything indicating that it should
behave differently than, say, PerlRequire.

Thanks a lot,

Patrick

--
=====================

Posted by "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org>.
Patrick LeBoutillier wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I'm loading a .pm file using PerlPostConfigRequire (1.99_19) and I
>can't get it to load without specifying an absolute path. Even if my
>module is installed someplace under @INC,
>
>  PerlPostConfigRequire   Apache/Whatever.pm
>
>or even
>
>  PerlPostConfigRequire   Carp.pm
>
>doesn't work. But
>
>  PerlRequire                   Carp.pm
>
>works fine.
>
>Is this normal behaviour?

Nope, that could/should be considered a bug. It has just been fixed
(r125400) and will be available
in the next release. Thanks for the bug report.

Posted by "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org>.