Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/04 09:24:57 UTC

Re: GSoC 2010 - Unofficial pool for organizations that are planning to participate

L.S.,

Adding ASF to the pool sounds like a good idea to me!

For getting a 'cleaner' URL, we should be able to create a page in
Confluence and use the jiraissues/rss macros to get the list from JIRA
on the wiki page.  That might also help us with another problem: the
current JIRA view is looking in http://issues.apache.org/jira, but
some of our projects are using one of the other issue tracking systems
mentioned on http://issues.apache.org (e.g. the projects I'm mainly
working on, ActiveMQ/Camel/ServiceMix, are using a separate JIRA).
With the wiki page we could get the results from all the JIRA/BugZilla
instances that have GSoC information in them.

The main problem with this approach, is that the auto-export function
of Confluence won't be able to figure out that the JIRA view has
changed, so we have to do the auto-export manually from time to time
to pick up the latest results AFAIK, but perhaps someone can think of
a smarter way to aggregate the results (using feedburner or something
to create a unified feed)?

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
Open Source SOA: http://fusesource.com