Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Nirmalya Sengupta <se...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/25 06:07:07 UTC

Window Support in Flink

Hello Flinksters,

I have come across two terms in this presentation:
http://www.slideshare.net/sbaltagi/flink-vs-spark

(a) Hopping Windows
Could someone please exemplify or point to a link which explains, what is
this?

(b) Native support for integrated datastore
Is this referring to the various 'Sink's that Flink comes ready with it? If
not, what is this referring to?

TIA

-- Nirmalya

--
Software Technologist
http://www.linkedin.com/in/nirmalyasengupta

AW: Window Support in Flink

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
Hopping windows is a term used on the Apache Calcite website [1]. In Flink terms, hopping windows are sliding windows.

Cheers, Fabian

[1] http://calcite.apache.org/docs/stream.html

Posted by Ufuk Celebi <uc...@apache.org>.
Hey!