Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by v....@accenture.com on 2003/06/12 08:18:25 UTC

Question on Document Style Service Vs RPC Style Service ..

Hi All,

I need a clarification on different service styles used in Axis 1.0.

I'm sending the SOAPxml String as a parameter to invoke the webservices
...Java objects are generated using WSDL2Java and it will be the input
parameter for the method in the webservices..

Here the client should invoke the webservices by passing xml string as
input parameter  rather than java object.

Client Application:

String SOAPxml = "<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding
=\"UTF-8\"?><soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv
=\"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/\" xmlns:xsd
=\"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema\" xmlns:xsi
=\"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance\"><soapenv:Body><p:Add xmlns:p
=\"urn:CalculateNS\" xmlns:xsi
=\"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance\" xsi:schemaLocation
=\"urn:CalculateNS
CalcSchema.xsd\"><arg1>Hi</arg1><arg2>Hello</arg2></p:Add></soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope>
" ...

      Message msg = new Message(SOAPxml);
      call.setRequestMessage(msg);
      call.invoke();
      Message respMsg = call.getResponseMessage();
      System.out.println("Response Message :"+respMsg.getSOAPEnvelope());

Method exposed as a webservice:

public String add(Add parameters) throws java.rmi.RemoteException {
        String strMsg = parameters.getArg1();
        return strMsg ;
    }

Question
Can we achieve the same using RPC mode of style rather than document style
service ?.. If yes, could you please explain the way of approach to be
followed? .. If no, can you give me the reason behind it?..

Thanks
krishna

original.  Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.