Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Ray Dzek <Ra...@specialized.com> on 2010/07/30 02:44:23 UTC

Hotmail false positives through the roof since 3.3.1 update.

Hi all,

I updated to 3.3.1 last week.  The capture rate went way up, which is good, but...  I am now getting complaints that "legit" Hotmail is getting tagged pretty much for every email coming in.

What would be the recommended way to dial down the Hotmail detection?

Thanks!

Ray Dzek
Network Operations
Specialized Bicycles
Ph: 408-782-5420
www.specialized.com

Re: Hotmail false positives through the roof since 3.3.1 update.

Posted by Michael Scheidell <mi...@secnap.com>.
On 7/29/10 8:44 PM, Ray Dzek wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I updated to 3.3.1 last week. The capture rate went way up, which is
> good, but… I am now getting complaints that “legit” Hotmail is getting
> tagged pretty much for every email coming in.

set the freemail scores to 0

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
o: 561-999-5000
> *| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation

    * Certified SNORT Integrator
    * Best in Email Security,2010: Network Products Guide
    * King of Spam Filters, SC Magazine 2008

Re: Hotmail false positives through the roof since 3.3.1 update.

Posted by Sahil Tandon <sa...@FreeBSD.org>.
On Thu, 2010-07-29 at 17:44:23 -0700, Ray Dzek wrote:

> I updated to 3.3.1 last week.  The capture rate went way up, which is
> good, but...  I am now getting complaints that "legit" Hotmail is
> getting tagged pretty much for every email coming in.

Which rules are hitting?  Does the answer vary per email?  More details
are required to identify the cause of the problem.

--
Sahil Tandon <sa...@FreeBSD.org>