Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Joe Hanink <Jo...@threedeep.com> on 2003/01/02 12:48:58 UTC

out of memory exception

The threads on xml-rpc streaming were quite interesting.  Did anyone
decide if there a simple answer to whether xml-prc can/should be used to
return response data of arbitrary length? Axis xml-rpc webservices have
the conveniences I'm looking for, with this one drawback.  If I have to
resort to servlet buffered output streams, then I'll not only have
stringify the response xml instead of using DOM, but I'll also have to
do the up and down-stream xml (de)serialization on my own.  Is this my
best bet?  We actually have this kind of thing already within the web
application, but we are interested in providing a cross-app integration
point based on soap.  Does anyone have any recommendations or comments
about the pros & cons for these two approaches or any other for that
matter?

Joe Hanink
Threedeep, Inc