Posted to user@ant.apache.org by pr...@wipro.com on 2010/10/13 11:36:28 UTC

.project and .classpath

"mvn clean compile install eclipse:eclipse"

Generates the following eclipse configuration files:
.project and .classpath files
.setting/org.eclipse.jdt.core.prefs with project specific compiler
settings
.various configuration files for WTP (Web Tools Project), if the
parameter
wtpversion is set to a valid version (WTP configuration is not generated
by
default)

when we use maven build script with the eclipse plugin as above command

Is there any option available for apache ant., if so please help out,
how to bring those file when taking build of a project which doesn't
have those.

As these files will not be checked-in to the repository we need to auto
generate those files, so that it will be treated as a java project.

www.wipro.com

RE: .project and .classpath

Posted by pr...@wipro.com.
Thank you very much brian, I tried using the sample in my project and it
worked out. Thanks a lot.

Posted by Brian Pontarelli <br...@pontarelli.com>.
[...]

  <classpathentry path="src/java/test/integration" output="target/classes/test/integration" kind="src"/>
  <classpathentry path="src/java/test/unit" output="target/classes/test/unit" kind="src"/>
  <classpathentry path="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER" kind="con"/>
  <classpathentry path="target/classes/main" kind="output"/>
</classpath>
  </echoxml>
</target>

The second part that outputs the .classpath file might need some additional elements to specify the location of the log4j JAR file.

-bp

On Oct 13, 2010, at 8:21 AM, <pr...@wipro.com> wrote:

> Can you please send me a sample, how the target would look like,
>
> Consider only the log4j need to be in my classpath and the nature of my
> project is just JAVA nature.
>
> Thanks
> Prakash S

RE: .project and .classpath

Posted by pr...@wipro.com.

www.wipro.com

Re: .project and .classpath

Posted by Brian Pontarelli <br...@pontarelli.com>.
The main purpose of the .project file is to set the project name and the main purpose of the .classpath file is to set the dependencies. It really depends on what you need, but I would suggest that checking those files into source control would make life simpler. Or if you want to build them using Ant and have no dependencies, just write a target that outputs the proper XML. If you have a number of dependencies, then you'll need to construct the .classpath to reference those dependencies (i.e. JAR files).

-bp

On Oct 13, 2010, at 8:07 AM, <pr...@wipro.com> <pr...@wipro.com> wrote:

> Thank you very much brian, but we are using apache ant to build our
> projects.
>
> Is there any way in getting those files when building the project using
> apache ant.
>
> Thanks
> Prakash S

RE: .project and .classpath