Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Christian Carlow <ch...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/03 22:09:52 UTC

Difficulties modeling materials that may be ordered at various dimensions

I'm having difficulty determining how materials that may be ordered at
various dimensions should be modeled.  For example, two orders can be
placed to the same supplier for the same part but at different diameter
lengths and thicknesses/depths.  I assume that each of the dimension
variations should exist as feature variants of a virtual material
product but wasn't sure if this would be correct since there are length,
width, and depth fields already available for products.  I'm pretty sure
those dedicated product dimension fields are used for shipping purposes
but wanted to make sure.  Does anyone see a problem providing the
dimensions as selectable features to a virtual product?

Re: Difficulties modeling materials that may be ordered at various dimensions

Posted by Christian Carlow <ch...@gmail.com>.
I've determined that providing dimensions as selectable features is
appropriate because a dimension feature type already exists as demo
data.  I created "diameter length' and "thickness" features with
"dimension" are their parent.