Posted to users@camel.apache.org by fabryprog <fa...@bizmate.it> on 2016/05/30 09:49:11 UTC

Camel 2.17.x, null values are gone

Hello,

i upgrade my camel version from 2.16.3 to 2.17.0

Server side, I am using rest component + json.

Now I have a problem, in this version my json null values are gone!

Before camel upgrade i can send follow json

{ "first": "hello", "second": null, "third": "everyone" }

into camel 2.17.0 my json is:

{ "first": "hello", "third": "everyone" }

Where is my null value?

I just upgrade camel version, do you changed the default settings?

Re: Camel 2.17.x, null values are gone

Posted by fabryprog <fa...@bizmate.it>.
my solution is:

			<dataFormatProperty key="json.in.disableFeatures"
value="WRITE_NULL_MAP_VALUES" />

Please, insert this line into official documentation for backward
compatibility!

king regards!

Re: Camel 2.17.x, null values are gone

Posted by souciance <so...@gmail.com>.
Ok so you are using the camel REST dsl. It uses Jackson by default.

Probably you need to include a Jackson parameter in your config which
allows null values. See the doc:
https://camel.apache.org/rest-dsl.html
and here:
http://www.baeldung.com/jackson-ignore-null-fields

Posted by souciance <so...@gmail.com>.
Yes, but what json framework do you use on the camel side to parse the json
you send from the client?

Posted by fabryprog <fa...@bizmate.it>.

Posted by souciance <so...@gmail.com>.
Which json framework are you using?