Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by kangbotao <ka...@huawei.com> on 2020/04/14 01:18:59 UTC

CVEs for the dependency software guava and rocksdbjni of Kafka

Hi Kafka experts:

   I figure out that the guava and rocksdbjni used by Kafka of the the latest version 2.4.1, relates with several CVEs.

   The CVE for guava 20 is CVE-2018-10237, and the CVEs for rocksdbjni compiled with bzip2 1.0.6 is CVE-2016-3189 and CVE-2019-12900.

   Is Kafka affected by these CVEs?
   Is there any plan to upgrade the version of guava and rocksdbjni?

Sincerely look forward to your reply.

BRs

Re: CVEs for the dependency software guava and rocksdbjni of Kafka

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.
I don't think Guava is a dependency in master or 2.5.0.

Ismael

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.

--
-- Guozhang