Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Myles Kadusale <my...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/02 11:06:00 UTC

Need Help I am a New Here

Good Day!
 Sorry to ask this question but I am really new to this technology.
Can anyone give me a somewhat a Hello World sample program
using Velocity, Struts, and JBoss. And the steps to where I should
deploy or steps where this files go. I just could not afford to buy
expensive books.
 Sorry about this. Hope someone could help me with this.
 Thanks in advance and more power!

Re: Need Help I am a New Here

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
info on using Velocity with Struts is found here:
http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/tools/index.html

if you download the binary distribution, you will find three example
programs packaged as .war files.  you can just drop these into JBoss
or Tomcat or whatever and they should work fine.  the one
demonstrating integration with struts is the "velstruts.war" app.