Posted to dev@clerezza.apache.org by Giuseppe Miscione <g....@innovationengineering.eu> on 2013/07/25 10:43:48 UTC

PermissionGatherer misses an Error

Hi all,
I'm using Spring 3.1.2.RELEASE togheter with Quartz 2.2.0 inside
Clerezza and when I start the system I get an annoying exception in
console saying that
org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.CronTriggerBean has an invalid
class hierarchy.
The thing is annoying because I'm not using this class (which, as stated
in its description, it isn't compatible with Quartz 2.x) but the
permissiondescriptions module scans every class in every bundle
searching for Permission classes. The exception is thrown by the
registerPermissions method of
org.apache.clerezza.permissiondescriptions.PermissionGatherer class,
more specifically by the line:

Class<?> clazz = bundle.loadClass(className);

when className is equal to
org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.CronTriggerBean.
This block of code is already wrapped in a sinking try-catch block, but
this block catches only Exception and NoClassDefFoundError errors.
May I suggest to replace the two catches with a more general

try {
}
catch(Throwable t){}

that will swallow every problem during this particular bundle analysis
phase?

Regards,
Giuseppe

Re: PermissionGatherer misses an Error

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmür <re...@wymiwyg.com>.
Hi Giuseppe

Thanks for reporting this and your solution suggestion. I've created
and resolved CLEREZZA-806.

Cheers,
Reto