Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/12 00:09:03 UTC

[iOS] Intent to delete AppDelegate remote and local notification code in 4.0

See: https://github.com/apache/cordova-ios/blob/338ee71f966ab7fdc1ccde02e5086febbc82b70c/bin/templates/project/__PROJECT_NAME__/Classes/AppDelegate.m#L110-L135

I'd rather do this in 3.8.0, but we would break things for users, so
in 4.0 it goes.

Related issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-8084 -- causes
Apple to issue a warning (which could be a blocker in the future) when
you submit an app, if you don't have the correct entitlements.

Users wanting this functionality will install a plugin, that will do
method swizzling to provide this functionality. It's an easy plugin to
do, which will go in the cordova-plugins repo.

Re: [iOS] Intent to delete AppDelegate remote and local notification code in 4.0

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
Great idea, let's do that.

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.
Sounds good.