Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org> on 2003/12/04 01:13:21 UTC

Clover plugin glitches

Vincent,

It looks like you were the last to modify the clover plugin and it seems
to be instrumenting and reporting on test cases as well. Is this
intentional?

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com
http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: Clover plugin glitches

Posted by Ben Walding <be...@walding.com>.
Although not terribly useful, occasionally looking to see how many of
your tests are running can be elucidating.  If the tests aren't running
/ logic in them isn't running, why is it there?  Are you not testing
logic paths that you thought you were testing? (i.e. test code isn't
running, hence the actual code that those tests run possibly isn't
running through all the variations that you want it to run).

I'd definitely have it off by default though.

Caveat: I've never used Jester...

Re: Clover plugin glitches

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org>.
On Wed, 2003-12-03 at 19:58, Ben Walding wrote:
> This can be useful behaviour. It should be optional though.

How so? Just never thought about it myself really. But it should be off
by default. If you want to check the integrity of your tests we could
use something like jester.

> Jason van Zyl wrote:
>
> >Vincent,
> >
> >It looks like you were the last to modify the clover plugin and it seems
> >to be instrumenting and reporting on test cases as well. Is this
> >intentional?

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com
http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: Clover plugin glitches

Posted by Ben Walding <be...@walding.com>.

RE: Clover plugin glitches

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org>.
On Thu, 2003-12-04 at 04:04, Vincent Massol wrote:
> > No problem, but in this case you might want to consider making the
> > clover plugin work the way it did. The clover plugin came before the
> > dashboard plugin. But it's not really a big deal, I just used the old
> > plugin.
>
> Yes, I will when I find 1 hour's time. Maybe we could consider this a
> new feature? :-) (just kidding).

I wouldn't worry about it, there is a released version of the plugin
that works just fine. Not a big rush.

RE: Clover plugin glitches

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.

Bob