Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org> on 2007/06/21 18:08:38 UTC

out of memory space on a big build

We're running out of memory in a big multi-module build, using rmic and
ivy; its <ivy:configure /> or <rmic> that things break. I've tried ivy
1.4.1 and 2.0.0-alpha1.

1. has anyone else encountered memory consumption problems (out of
permgenspace)?
2. this seems most common on java1.6.

I'm not sure that ivy is the problem here, we will have to track it down
(somehow), and am just checking before doing anything else (like
profiling the build)

repreport configuration

Posted by Nascif Abousalh-Neto <Na...@sas.com>.

Greetings,

If I am using multiple repositories, is there a way to configure repreport to report on just one?

I am using the "multi-project" example that comes with 1.4.1 and I started a repreport 45 minutes ago and it is still going, downloading information from (I think) ibiblio.

I just care about what is on my local, output repository. But I found no obvious way to configure repreport to narrow into it.

Thanks,
  Nascif

Re: out of memory space on a big build

Posted by Gilles Scokart <gs...@gmail.com>.
I also noted that on a big multiproject build because I was reloading
ivy in each sub-project.  Fixing that solved my problem.

Gilles

--
Gilles SCOKART

Re: out of memory space on a big build

Posted by Jeffrey Blattman <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Loehr, Ruel" <rl...@pointserve.com>.
Lots of things to check:

What are your memory settings set to?  Are you using the defaults?
If so, bump them up and see what happens.  Increase your permgen space.
When does it happen in your build?   As soon as you download
dependencies?
After compilation?

More info required.