Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Sliver <ze...@hotmail.com> on 2007/05/29 10:14:52 UTC

Intercept Publish action

hi, i must develop an application that copy the meta-data (in a jackrabbit
repository) of a resource in lenya when it been published.
I need to not modify lenya more possible (i know it's anti open-source
concept but this is the superior order)... so i think to use a filter to
intercept the httpRequest of publishing when the lenya reviewer click on
accept pubblication.
Do you thing this is possible with a servlet filter to specify in lenya
descripton (the only modify that could i do in lenya with a filter) or is it
a stupid idea?

thank and bye

Re: Intercept Publish action

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Sliver,

Sliver schrieb:
> hi, i must develop an application that copy the meta-data (in a jackrabbit
> repository) of a resource in lenya when it been published.

first of all - are you permitted to provide more information about
your project? Especially the Jackrabbit integration sounds very
interesting.

> I need to not modify lenya more possible (i know it's anti open-source
> concept but this is the superior order)...

This requirement is very reasonable, since patches make the
maintenance more difficult. Therefore Lenya is designed to let you
override virtually all functionality.

> so i think to use a filter to
> intercept the httpRequest of publishing when the lenya reviewer click on
> accept pubblication.
> Do you thing this is possible with a servlet filter to specify in lenya
> descripton (the only modify that could i do in lenya with a filter) or is it
> a stupid idea?

Is your application based on Lenya 1.2.x or 1.4-dev?

In both cases the most straightforward way would be to override the
publish usecase in your publication. I wouldn't recommend a servlet
filter, because you'd circumvent the usecase invocation infrastructure
(transactions, error handling, logging etc.).

For a more specific answer I need more information about your
application.

HTH,

-- Andreas

--