Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Herman Kiefus <he...@angieslist.com> on 2011/08/17 21:54:31 UTC

'Stable' 4.0 version

My origination uses Solr 4 because of our geospatial requirements.  What insight can you share (if any) regarding moving forward to a later nightly build?  Or, for those of you using 4.0 in a Production setting, when is it that you move ahead?

Re: 'Stable' 4.0 version

Posted by Tomás Fernández Löbbe <to...@gmail.com>.
Version number's are confusing, no doubt's. 4.x is currently on trunk (and
was not released yet). 3.x is a maintained branch. There has been three
releases from 3.x branch: 3.1, 3.2 and 3.3.

Most of the spatial search stuff is available since 3.1 (includding geoflit,
geodist and the location field type),

If you decide to go with trunk (a.k.a, Solr 4), I would use a more recent
revision of it. Much has changed since December last year.

Tomás

RE: 'Stable' 4.0 version

Posted by Herman Kiefus <he...@angieslist.com>.

Re: 'Stable' 4.0 version