Posted to dev@community.apache.org by "Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH)" <Ro...@microsoft.com> on 2014/12/12 17:25:48 UTC

ApacheCon track descriptions

Track organizers you have a small job to do...

Sally is working up a marketing campaign to align with ApacheCon. This is a campaign for the foundation not for ApacheCon itself, however it will run during the push for attendees and is intended to both ride on the ApacheCon press and contribute to it.

In order to help Sally plan this campaign can you please provide a 3-5 sentence description of your track in the wiki (https://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/ACNA2015ContentCommittee). Don't worry about the details. We'll help flesh out a more "marketing friendly" set of words. We just need some guidance on what your track will contain.

As an example here's what I wrote for my cloud track:
"The cloud changes everything. The Apache Software Foundation changes everything. This track will focus on how The Apache Software Foundation and, more specifically, the Apache projects are often found at the core of the latest and greatest innovations in IT. Sessions in this track will show how the Apache Way enables the largest and the smallest of companies to work together to redefine IT. We'll also take a look into the future of cloud computing and how Apache projects fit into, even defines, that future."
Ross

Re: ApacheCon track descriptions

Posted by Sally Khudairi <sa...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Perfect. Thanks so much, Ross! Bon weekend,Sally

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Jan,

What, When and How something is implemented at the ASF is at the discretion
of the officers of the ASF (the board). There is something underway, but
the OFBiz community is not involved in this.

Please revert to Melissa, Rich or Ross to get more information.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-
Based Manufacturing, Professional
Services and Retail & Trade
http://www.orrtiz.com

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Jan,

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi Sharan

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

On 12/14/2014 10:23 AM, Sharan Foga wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've written a summary for the OFBiz track but am having problems
> editing the wiki to copy it in. Logging in is fine but I cant change
> anything. Please can someone check that I've got edit access?

Anyone that needs to edit the wiki, please send me your wiki username,
and I'll add you to the appropriate edit lists. Thanks.

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon

Re: ApacheCon track descriptions

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

On 12/15/2014 05:39 AM, Sharan Foga wrote:
> Thanks - I've added the track summary.

Ah. Thanks, Nick. I should have read the whole thread first. That's what
I get for taking a sick day. :-)

--Rich

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

On 12/12/2014 05:07 PM, Hadrian Zbarcea wrote:
> Geez :). My impression is that some communities just assume it's gonna
> happen. Let me send a few email and gauge the interest. If there's
> enough (which I assume to be the case), I'll volunteer.

Yeah, that's indeed the problem. What we need is people that care about
the content to craft what they believe to be an ideal track, and then
hassle the right people into submitting those talks.

I see that some people are starting to fill out
http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/ACNA2015ContentCommittee and that's
awesome.

What I'd like to see by early January is a track list (with or without
speaker names), and then by the end of January, we need actual tracks,
with proposal IDs from the CFP system.

In an ideal world, everyone just comes to me with a completed track, and
we schedule it. This means that I'm trusting each of you to have the
pulse of your particular community, and to be getting input from
everyone, so that there's not one person dictating the entire event.

(I've heard one too many "RichBowenCon" jokes already, and I'm really
not interested in being BDFL of this event, despite all appearances.)

I truly want this to be a community event, in all senses - for the
community, by the community.

Posted by "Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH)" <Ro...@microsoft.com>.
That's exactly the problem Hadrian. Far too many of our projects expect something valuable to "just emerge". We need to get the PMCs to take ownership. We need speakers from outside the usual pool.

You sending a few emails will help :-)

Ross

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH)" <Ro...@microsoft.com>.