Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by Ka...@lincsoftware.soft.net on 2002/07/03 15:40:15 UTC

unable to create a SOAP server on WAS3.5

hi,

   today i tried to create a apache SOAP server on websphere Advanced
Edition 3.5 with a fix pack 6. i downloaded and followed all the steps
given in the document for installing SOAP server on websphere from the site
http://xml.apache.org/soap/docs/install/websphere.html.
i have even set the classpath for xerces.jar taken from websphere in the
command line arguments of the Appserver.
still when i try to access the admin window  of the SOAP tru browser by
giving the URL

http://hostname:port/soap/admin

i get a blank page. i am unable to make out wot the error is can any one
suggest me wot need to be done or how to debug the process.....

thanks,
kavitha

Re: unable to create a SOAP server on WAS3.5

Posted by Michael Jennings <mi...@southgatesoftware.com>.
I remember running into a classloader bug with WAS3.5 sp6 that was
disabling my ability to run Xalan & FOP. What I ended up doing was
doing surgery on some of the WAS3.5 jar files, replacing older XML class
files with newer ones. That worked, but it's not for the faint of heart.
-Mike

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.