Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Adam Getchell <Ad...@hrrm.ucdavis.edu> on 2001/09/07 00:27:49 UTC

Using ant to build imjay

Hello all,

I seem to be having difficulties using ant to build imjay
(imjay.sourceforge.org), a secure Java instant messaging client. I'm on
Windows 2000 Pro, SP2.

Following the instructions on the FAQ
(http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/manual/index.html), I unzipped ant into
c:\utilities\ant.

Then I did:

set ANT_HOME=c:\utilities\ant
set PATH=%PATH%;%ANT_HOME%\bin

(The instructions indicated that setting JAVA_HOME was optional, and when I
did so the outcome did not change.)

Now, I also unzipped imjay into c:\temp

And did:

ant -buildfile imjay.xml

which returns:
'c:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
program or batch file.

The contents of my System Path variable is:
C:\IBM
Connectors\Encina\bin;;C:\PROGRA~1\Borland\Delphi5\Projects\Bpl;C:\PROGRA~1\
Borland\vbroker\jre\Bin;C:\PROGRA~1\Borland\vbroker\Bin;C:\PROGRA~1\Borland\
Delphi5\Bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:
\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\BINN

The contents of my user PATH variable is:

C:\Program Files\SSH Communications Security\SSH Secure
Shell;C:\Utilities\ant

What am I missing?

I also tried using the AntRunner OpenTool plugin for JBuilder, installing
according to the directions, but when I get to configuring the AntNode it
gives me a "Buildfile has no targets". However, that's probably the subject
of another question; I only mention it for completeness.

Thanks all,

***************************
*	Adam Getchell
AdamG@hrrm.ucdavis.edu
*	System Architect/Programmer			(530) 752-1584
*	Human Resources Information Systems
http://www.hr.ucdavis.edu/
***************************
"Invincibility is in oneself, vulnerability in the opponent." -- Sun Tzu

Re: Using ant to build imjay

Posted by Diane Holt <ho...@yahoo.com>.
Adam,

Try turning echo'ing on in your ant.bat so you can see where it's
breaking. The "'c:Program' is not recognized..." looks like something
needs quoting to hold things with spaces together, but I thought all of
that had been fixed for 1.4 -- are you running 1.4?

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)

http://im.yahoo.com