Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com> on 2015/03/27 17:01:38 UTC

April 2015 Incubator report timeline

    http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/April2015

    Wed April 01 -- Podling reports due by end of day
    Sun April 05 -- Shepherd reviews due by end of day
    Sun April 05 -- Summary due by end of day
    Tue April 07 -- Mentor signoff due by end of day
    Wed April 08 -- Report submitted to Board
    Wed April 15 -- Board meeting

Re: April 2015 Incubator report timeline

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 12:25AM, John D. Ament wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 8:19 PM Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Just to make sure - first month after acceptance in the Incubator a podling
> > isn't expected to send their report, right? The point in question is
> > Groovy:
> > they are working on the report, but I don't think they really have to.
> >
> > Please correct me if I am wrong on that.
> >

> It's preferable that they report.  I see that their reporting group is
> incorrect (should be monthly=true, with the list of months to report in
> it).  If you decide to not report April, it's probably OK, but not ideal.
> Is there a specific reason you want to hold off?

Actually, I don't want to hold them off. And in fact - Groovy guys have
already added their report to the April2015 page! I merely wanted to make sure
that they have an extra month to deal with transitional issues, if needed.

So, I guess at this point it is just a theoretical point.

Thanks for your help!
  Cos

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 8:19 PM Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org> wrote:

> Just to make sure - first month after acceptance in the Incubator a podling
> isn't expected to send their report, right? The point in question is
> Groovy:
> they are working on the report, but I don't think they really have to.
>
> Please correct me if I am wrong on that.

It's preferable that they report.  I see that their reporting group is
incorrect (should be monthly=true, with the list of months to report in
it).  If you decide to not report April, it's probably OK, but not ideal.
Is there a specific reason you want to hold off?

John

Posted by Matt Franklin <m....@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 8:19 PM Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org> wrote:

> Just to make sure - first month after acceptance in the Incubator a podling
> isn't expected to send their report, right? The point in question is
> Groovy:
> they are working on the report, but I don't think they really have to.
>
> Please correct me if I am wrong on that.

Their first report is due the month after they enter incubation [1].
However, if they want to report this month, and for the next 3 months, why
not let them get the practice?

[1]
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/mentor.html#Sending+in+an+Incubation+Report

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.
On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 5:35 PM, John D. Ament <jo...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 8:30 PM jan i <ja...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On Saturday, March 28, 2015, Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>
>> wrote:

>> > podling
>> > Groovy:

>> > We shouldn't insist that a days-old podling produce a report, but if
>> > they take the initiative and want to file, they're welcome to.
>>
>> +1 but if they do, let it count as the first of the 3 month reportinh.
>>

> Of course it should.  However, I think their reporting group is wrong as
> the months don't add up currently.  I think we spoke (on the general list)
> previously about the reporting groups being based on when accepted to the
> incubator (in the case of Groovy, March).  So currently they'll be required
> to report 4 months in a row.
>
> I'd recommend that Groovy be moved to reporting group 3, reporting April,
> May and June then again in September (if still in incubation at that point).
>
> http://incubator.staging.apache.org/report-groups.txt

Not a big deal one way or the other. Reporting isn't onerous.  I have
a mild preference for leaving it because they've already seen it, but
whatever keeps this thread short is fine with me.

Marvin Humphrey

Re: April 2015 Incubator report timeline

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.
On Friday, March 27, 2015, Dennis E. Hamilton <or...@apache.org> wrote:

> The automated reminders did not work.  Here is a copy from the
> general-incubator list.

If you look at the wiki, then you will see we are not due this month. First
3 month are every month then every third month.

Thanks for forwarding this, is is always good with an extra pair of eyes.

rgds
jan i

FW: April 2015 Incubator report timeline

Posted by Marko Rodriguez <ok...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Done. If you need anything else on the report, please ask.

Thank you,
Marko.

http://markorodriguez.com

Fwd: April 2015 Incubator report timeline

Posted by Matt Franklin <m....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 28/03/15 01:19, Guillaume Laforge a écrit :
> So I've worked on a draft document on Google Docs, to have it reviewed by
> my Groovy colleagues.
> And thanks to Konstantin's guidance, I've updated the wiki here:
>
> https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/April2015
>
> Now, we need the mentors to check the little sign-off check box, at the
> very bottom of the page.

Sounds great. I would add that the Groovy mailing list have been created.

Re: April 2015 Incubator report timeline

Posted by Guillaume Laforge <gl...@gmail.com>.
So I've worked on a draft document on Google Docs, to have it reviewed by
my Groovy colleagues.
And thanks to Konstantin's guidance, I've updated the wiki here:

https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/April2015

Now, we need the mentors to check the little sign-off check box, at the
very bottom of the page.

Guillaume

Posted by Guillaume Laforge <gl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Guillaume Laforge <gl...@gmail.com>.
As we're just entering the incubator... do we have to do a first report
already?
I don't know yet what a report should look like, what it should contain,
etc.
Guidance will be appreciated here :-)

Guillaume