Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by ne...@ca.ibm.com on 2002/11/06 23:00:22 UTC

new release?

Hi folks,

Since the agreed-upon XNI changes haven't quite made it in yet, but there
were some annoying bugs with 2.2.0 (HTML DOM was broken,
external-schema-location property was hosed and SAX implementation didn't
do the right thing with namespaces on the endElement call) it seems like a
good time to think about putting out a 2.2.1.  Then we can get the XNI
stuff dealt with properly--hopefully completely--and hold off on 2.3.0 for
a while.

Does this sound good to people?  How about next Monday (11/11) as a release
date?

The only thing I hope we can straighten out is this JAXP file-uri
converter; would anyone object if the ConvertToURI class in
javax.xml.parsers went away?

Cheers,
Neil
Neil Graham