Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/20 06:41:58 UTC

JIRA resolved vs. closed?

Hello, JIRA 101 question:  I noticed that we have 92 JIRA tickets that are
not "closed" but just "resolved"[1]--when do we use the latter instead of
the former, what prevents them from being moved to "closed"?

Thanks,
Glen

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF

Re: JIRA resolved vs. closed?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Thursday 20 May 2010 12:41:58 am Glen Mazza wrote:
> Hello, JIRA 101 question:  I noticed that we have 92 JIRA tickets that are
> not "closed" but just "resolved"[1]--when do we use the latter instead of
> the former, what prevents them from being moved to "closed"?
>
> Thanks,
> Glen
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF

In general, the convention we've kind of been using is that resolved means the
issue was looked at and fixed, but it's not yet available in a release.
Basically, it's fixed, but you need the appropriate snapshot to get the fix.
Once the release is done, I go through and mark all the issues resolved for
that release as closed.   That said, closing it prior to release isn't a big
deal.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org