Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Vladimir Dvorak <vl...@vdsoft.org> on 2012/01/16 10:31:49 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_proxy -> random routing change

Hi guys,

after weeks of investigation I have to ask you for help.

Problem Description:
The problem is that application is randomly (really non
deterministically) logging users out - they are working with
application, but suddenly (not all at one time) the user is logged out
(because mod_proxy is probably start routing the user to second Tomcat
server). We are using sticky sessions. Loadbalancer is running Apache +
mod_proxy. There are two servers in the backend running Tomcats.

Schematically:
client -> https at loadbalancer (Apache, mod_proxy) -> {tomcat server1,
tomcat server2}

Loadbalancer setting (apache.conf):
--snip--
     ProxyRequests Off
     ProxyStatus On
     <Proxy *>
         Order deny,allow
         Allow from all
     </Proxy>
     RewriteEngine on
     RewriteRule ^/$ /portal/ [R]
     ProxyErrorOverride On
     ProxyPass /portal/ balancer://productive/portal/
stickysession=ESPROUTEID nofailover=Off timeout=180
    <Proxy balancer://productive>
         BalancerMember ajp://1.1.1.1:8009 keepalive=On route=1
loadfactor=50 lbset=0 retry=30
         BalancerMember ajp://1.1.1.2:8009 keepalive=On route=2
loadfactor=50 lbset=0 retry=30
     </Proxy>
--snip--

Loadbalancer's Apache compile options:
   $ ./configure --prefix=/var/GridFrame/usr/local/apache-2.2.21
--enable-proxy --enable-rewrite --enable-ssl --enable-vhost-alias
--with-mpm=worker --disable-cgi --disable-cgid --enable-proxy-http
--enable-proxy-ajp --enable-proxy-connect --enable-proxy-balancer
--enable-headers

Do you please have any hints/advice so users are not suddenly routed to
different Tomcat? Network between loadbalancer and Tomcats is stable.

Thank you a lot,

Vladimir

Re: [users@httpd] mod_proxy -> random routing change

Posted by Igor Cicimov <ic...@gmail.com>.