Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "O'Fallon, Paul (MAN-Corporate)" <Pa...@cox.com> on 2003/12/16 23:03:18 UTC

Problem building maven-plugins

I'm trying to build maven-plugins and running into a problem.  If I follow
the FAQ and run "maven -Dgoal=clean,plugin:install multiproject:goal",
everything runs fine until it finishes the "clean" plugin.  The next plugin
processed is the clover plugin, and it failes on the error 'Unknown goal
"clean"'.

If I remove clean and simply run "maven -Dgoal=plugin:install
multiproject:goal", it works through the jar plugin.  When it gets to the
java plugin, it fails with an error "Unable to obtain goal [plugin] --
file:/C:/Documents and
Settings/pofallon/.maven/plugins/maven-plugin-plugin-1.2-SNAPSH
OT/:15:33: <attainGoal> Goal [jar:jar] has no action definition."

Running "maven -Dgoal=clean multiproject:goal" works fine.

It appears that the act of installing a plugin makes it unavailable to the
currently running maven process.  This causes the build to fail at the first
attempt to use a newly installed plugin.  We've verified this on two
different machines here (both running JDK 1.4 -- one win2k, one XP).  I've
seen this happen with maven RC2 and 1.1 SNAPSHOT (with CVS checkouts as
recently as earlier today).

Any suggestions or tips are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul

--
Paul O'Fallon