Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Andre Wruszczak <wr...@web.de> on 2016/07/23 01:02:10 UTC

Private Recordings accesible to all Users!

Dear Openmeetings-Dev-Team,

I have yet another question.

Is it possible to force userid validation for recordings?
Maybe because my browser is storing my sessionID, but when I switch users,
all of them can see the recordings of other people if they try the url  :
http://localhost:5080/openmeetings/recordings/mp4/47
->Anyone logged in can get access to all recordings if they are tenacious
enough to try all the numbers.

Maybe I have made a mistake while setting up OM? (Current Version 3.1.1)

With lots of regards,

Andre

AW: Private Recordings accesible to all Users!

Posted by Andre Wruszczak <wr...@web.de>.
Thanks for the replies!
I did, checked with another Browser / without cookies / incognito word / without cache.
I am pretty sure it just checks if there is a valid ssid (user = logged in) and nothing beyond that.

Is the user who records a video actually stored somewhere with the video? (Backend wise?)

With lots of regards

Andre Wruszczak

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

--
Sebastian Wagner
https://twitter.com/#!/dead_lock

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
According to this [1] check only logged in users are able to get recordings
(user session can be logged is via secureHash or user/password or LDAP etc.)
This [2] check was rewritten not to allow access to someone else recordings

Would appreciate any additional testing on this
demo will be updated as soon as new SNAPSHOT will be ready

[1]
https://github.com/apache/openmeetings/blob/3.1.x/openmeetings-web/src/main/java/org/apache/openmeetings/web/util/RecordingResourceReference.java#L125
[2]
https://github.com/apache/openmeetings/blob/3.1.x/openmeetings-web/src/main/java/org/apache/openmeetings/web/util/RecordingResourceReference.java#L89

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Private Recordings accesible to all Users!

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Private Recordings accesible to all Users!

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Seems to be reproducible :((((

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

AW: Private Recordings accesible to all Users!

Posted by Andre Wruszczak <wr...@web.de>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Andre,

--