Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2009/02/23 10:19:33 UTC

Re: Sling Parent POM

Felix Meschberger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> John Langley schrieb:
>> Any chance that the sling project will being using the apache snapshot
>> repository?
>
> Currently the README.txt in the trunk root instructs to add the Apache
> Snapshot repository to the local settings.xml. I agree with John, that
> we should add this declaration to the parent pom (we already have it
> configured for plugins)
>
> Along with this addition, we should remove the configuration of the
> incubator Maven 2 repository, since incubator projects are now allowed
> to deploy to central.
>
> Finally, we should probably cut a release of this parent POM and deploy
> it to central to make building Sling much easier -- and also releasing
> Sling itself afterwards.

Big +1 to all of this.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: Sling Parent POM

Posted by Jim White <ji...@pagesmiths.com>.
Works for me.

 > mvn --version
Maven version: 2.0.9
Java version: 1.5.0_16
OS name: "mac os x" version: "10.5.6" arch: "i386" Family: "unix"

Jim

Re: Sling Parent POM

Posted by John Langley <Jo...@mathworks.com>.

Re: Sling Parent POM

Posted by Juan José Vázquez Delgado <ju...@gmail.com>.

Re: Sling Parent POM

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
As of Rev. 7471333, the Apache SNAPSHOT repository is now declared in
the parent pom. My test builds seem to work. It would be great if others
could also test (and review the pom), so that we can then release the
parent pom.

Thanks and Regards
Felix